23 Apr Health Promotion Agency key results from the alcohol, tobacco and gambling use during COVID-19 Level 4 lockdown
This report contains topline survey results for Te Hiringa Hauora/Health Promotion Agency ‘Impact of
• Results are based on a sample of n=1,190 (unless otherwise stated). This sample contains an overrepresentation of Māori and Pasifika respondents.
• Results have been adjusted at the analysis stage by weighting, so that the weighted sample is
representative of the New Zealand population aged 18 and over by region, gender and age. The
Māori and Pasifika sub-groups have also been weighted to be representative of their respective
populations by gender and age, and within the total sample.
• Please note that, due to rounding, some percentages may not add up to 100%.
• When reporting on standard drink consumption, these results are derived from respondents’
answers to the consumption diary and have been calibrated into standard drinks.
• For this survey, the PHQ-4 (a four–question screening tool for anxiety and depression) is used as an
indicator of mental wellbeing.